The church dates from the 13th century, but most of the present church was built in the 15th century. The tower and spire were built in the 13th and 14th century, and there is a Norman window above the tower arch. Major restoration was carried out in 1850 when a transept was added.
A memorial stone for "Poppet" and "Cuckoobaba".
Lily was evacuated from London to Cottingham from 1940-1945, and visited her adopted Cottingham family for the rest of her life.