Christ Church was built between 1902 and 1904. It was paid for by William Lever, who with his brother built the model village of Port Sunlight for the workers at their soap factory.
The Lady Lever Memorial, in the form of a loggia at the west end of the church, houses her chest tomb and that of her husband William. They died in 1913 and 1925. Their recumbent effigies are in bronze.
Three gravestones of interest were noticed in a brief visit to the churchyard.