There are a few traces of the original 12th century building remaining in the present church, mainly the lower half of the tower and parts of the west wall. The upper part of the tower was added in the 16th century.
"Died Approximately" is an unusual inscription.
Master wheelwright and factotum to this village.
Washington Carden was a "Captain of HM 30th Regt in which he served with the highest honour during 25 years." He then "became the Catholic School Master in this Parish."
The reclining figure of a crusader with a Norman shield hanging from his left arm. It is believed to be Sir John de Swynnerton, interred here about 1254.
Many churches display records of bequests to the Church, for the benefit of the poor of the parish.
Charles Edmund Wood was killed in action at the battle of Neuve Chapelle in France on 11th March 1915, aged 30 years, and was buried near there. His elder surviving brother John died in the same year on 24th November aged 32 years.
Local men who served in the Great War 1914-1918 served in a wide range of regiments.