St Mary, Chirk, Wrexham
1) James was drowned when he was 2 years old. The statue of him is charming.
2) Both these babies died aged 4 hours -a year apart.http://grave-mistakes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/both-these-babies-died-aged-4-hours.html
3) Thomas Tompkins was a child who was accidentally drowned in 1629.http://grave-mistakes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/thomas-tompkins-was-child-who-was.html
4) Richard was accidentally drowned aged 3 years and 10 months.
5) Thomas and Mary Jones had 6 children. Four didn't live to see their first birthday.http://grave-mistakes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/thomas-and-mary-jones-had-6-children.html
6) A lovely statue of a lamb on the grave of Terry Knight who died aged 3 years.
7) Remembering the childrenhttp://grave-mistakes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/remembering-children.html
About the authors - Martin and Claire Nicholson own one of the largest archives of grave related photographs in the world. A selection of their work appears in the blog "Grave Mistakes" that has had over 400,000 hits since it was launched in 2013. Other examples appear in the Facebook group "Social History" where Martin acts as the group administrator.
The authors have viewed millions of gravestones, and are offering readers a selection of the rare and unusual gravestones that they have seen, with full-colour illustrations. Each category of type of gravestone, age of person, cause of death, rare names, and errors found on gravestones are given a points score to indicate rarity.
Specimen pages from Amazon previewer
Martin Nicholson - Ticklerton Barn, Ticklerton, Church Stretton, Shropshire