The memorial is a large circular granite structure with a central marble cross and groups of bronze freestanding figures, and bas-reliefs. It was designed by Sir William Goscombe John, a friend of William Lever (later Lord Leverhulme) and honours the employees of Lord Leverhulme who fell in the Great War. It also remembers the services that supported them, and is unusual in showing a number of women and children.
Christ Church was built between 1902 and 1904. It was paid for by William Lever, who with his brother built the model village of Port Sunlight for the workers at their soap factory.
The Lady Lever Memorial, in the form of a loggia at the west end of the church, houses her chest tomb and that of her husband William. They died in 1913 and 1925. Their recumbent effigies are in bronze.
Three gravestones of interest were noticed in a brief visit to the churchyard.