The earliest surviving feature is the rear-arch of a 12th-century window over the S. arcade of the nave. At the beginning of the 13th century most of this earlier church was rebuilt: both chancel and nave were extended and an aisle was added on the S. In the mid 13th century a long chapel was added on the S. side of the chancel to which it was connected by an archway. In the 14th century a chapel with an almost square plan was built on the N. side of the chancel, and an archway was introduced into the N. wall which was almost entirely rebuilt at the same time. The N. aisle and arcade are also of 14th-century date. In the second half of the 15th century, the W. tower was constructed, and clearstoreys were added to the chancel and nave. Probably in the 16th century the S. chapel was divided by a cross wall, and a small doorway inserted in the chancel wall to provide access to the E. part.
Sir James Hunt was a barrister and judge of the High Court of England and Wales.
Aged 103 years.
"Mary the Daughter of Thomas Brudnett citizen who by her last will gave ten pound to the poore of Easton A communion chalice to this church ten pound to the poore of Ketton where shee first drew breath and here expired it sept:20 1662".